The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) has formally filed criminal charges against all eight suspects linked to the April 11, 2026, robbery at a shopping mall in Barangay Buhangin. Authorities are intensifying operations against a broader organized crime network allegedly connected to a P100-million jewelry heist last year.
Breakthrough in Investigation
One suspect, identified only by the alias “Dadang,” was arrested on May 9, 2026, at the Molave Bus Terminal in Barangay Maloloy-on, Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, pursuant to an outstanding warrant. Police continue to pursue the remaining at-large suspects.
The DCPO said the development marks a breakthrough in the mall robbery investigation and in cracking down on a syndicate believed to operate across Mindanao.
Charges Filed
On May 8, 2026, investigators from Buhangin Police Station (PS5), in coordination with other units, filed robbery charges before the Office of the City Prosecutor. The complaint, docketed as INV-26-E-1169, charges the eight suspects with robbery with the use of firearm in connection with the armed hold-up inside the mall.
The DCPO stated it remains “unwavering and relentless in its pursuit of justice” following the incident that alarmed mallgoers and business owners.
Suspect's Criminal Record
“Dadang” faces separate charges for robbery and firearms violations under the Revised Penal Code and Republic Act No. 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act) under Criminal Case No. R-DVO-25-01317-CR, with recommended bail set at ₱100,000. He also faces a theft case under Criminal Case No. 3636, with bail at ₱10,000.
Investigators disclosed that the suspect was allegedly involved in the high-profile robbery at Hanna’s Pawnshop along Illustre Street on February 26, 2025, where armed men stole an estimated ₱100 million worth of jewelry.
Organized Crime Link
Intelligence reports from DCPO chief Col. Peter Bauzon Madria linked the arrested suspect to the Tolentino Criminal Gang, a syndicate composed of remnants and associates of the defunct Ozamiz organized crime group. Police believe the group has been involved in a series of robberies and organized criminal activities in Mindanao.
“This significant development reflects the strong commitment of the Davao City Police Office to ensure that all individuals responsible for threatening public safety and disturbing peace and order are held fully accountable under the law,” the DCPO said.
Ongoing Operations
The police office added that the filing of charges underscores the professionalism and dedication of investigators. Authorities emphasized that the case aims to secure justice for victims and reassure the public that violent crimes will be aggressively pursued.
“We assure all Dabawenyos that sustained follow-up operations are continuously being conducted for the immediate apprehension of the remaining suspects,” the DCPO said. Police have yet to disclose the identities of the other suspects as operations continue.



