Police Rule Out Foul Play in Deaths of Two Boys Found in Abandoned Car
Police Rule Out Foul Play in Deaths of Two Boys

Naga City police have ruled out foul play in the deaths of two 7-year-old boys who were found dead inside an abandoned vehicle on May 20, 2026, in Purok Yoso, Sityo Bantayan, Barangay Tuyan, Naga City, after being missing for three days.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Dexter Calacar, chief of the Naga Police Station, stated that initial investigations indicate no foul play. The victims were identified as Reymart Conag and Jheff Xian Abellar, both residents of the barangay.

According to Calacar, CCTV footage provided a crucial lead, showing the two boys heading toward the area where the vehicle was parked. He theorized that the children may have been playing and entered the car but were unable to open the doors, becoming trapped inside.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

“So far, in our initial investigation, there is no foul play,” Calacar said.

The police received a report of the missing children on Tuesday, May 19, and immediately took action to locate them. Authorities discovered the bodies after neighbors noticed a foul odor coming from the abandoned car and investigated.

Meanwhile, the mothers of the two boys, Jhesa Abellar and Bernadette Conag, stated they are willing to have their children autopsied even though they have already been buried.

“We will really have an autopsy to find out the real cause of death and to ease the pain in our hearts,” said Jhesa, mother of Jheff.

The mothers explained that due to their shock and advice from others about the strong odor, they agreed to bury the bodies without a proper wake or blessing. However, they are now calling for assistance to have the bodies exhumed and autopsied to determine the true cause of death, even though they initially believed it was an accident.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration